Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Major Thank You!


Well, what a long few weeks this has been!  I know it has for me, but I have suffered little compared to my wife.  The first trimester was long for her, she was nauseous, tired, and sick for the entirety of it.  This was not your run-of-the-mill "morning sickness" that is associated with most pregnancies, but was more of the 24/7 sickness variety.


I remember how she was just praying for the end of the first trimester and the sickness, and what a relief it was when it finally arrived.  Well, at least for a few weeks.  After that, the twins (luke and leia), decided to hit a growth spurt. The rapid growth caused some internal issues that were solved after a week in the hospital and gobs of pain.  Mrs. DD was a trooper through the entire process. Her pain was unflagging and intense, it laughed in the face of pain meds, and only paused long enough to blink when confronted by morphine.  But she pulled through with determination and she is doing better now, thank God.

Through this entire process, I have been overwhelmed and amazed at the fantastic set of friends and family we have in our life.  We had people praying for us, caring for us, and offering to help however they could. My dad brought me meals while i was in the hospital, my brother and his family basically took Smalls for a few days (he actually had his first overnight with his cousin), my in-laws came up and stayed in the hospital with us, many friends visited in the hospital, a friend actually came over to our house and cleaned for us (freaking amazing), and an astounding number of people were asking how they could help.

We now have people providing us meals, which doesn't seem like it would be a huge help, but it really is. 5 days in the hospital really puts a family behind on everything, from laundry, to shopping, to cleaning.  The meals are one less thing to worry about, so I have time to concentrate on getting caught up elsewhere, while still spending time with Smalls and making sure Mrs. DD is resting.

I can't say thank you enough to everyone in our lives for helping in they way you could.  Whether it was prayer, encouragement, or assistance, you guys are amazing.  I am truly blessed, and it was a bit eye opening to see what great people surround me.  I always knew that to be the case, but not on such a big scale.  I know that with the people we have in our life, we can make it through these trials and many others.

No comments:

Post a Comment