Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Coming Soon!

I work in the tech industry and also run a business on the side where I work on PCs and home networking and the such.  This also means that most of my friends and family members call me when they have issues. I also worked as 5 years, with my lovely wife, as the Youth Director at my church, so I had a lot of exposure to how teenagers and families are struggling with how to operate in an Internet era.  For the longest time I wanted to offer a session or series of sessions to the parents of these youth on how they can balance allowing their kids into this information overloading, social, expansive internet, and also protecting their families from the wrong exposure.  I never got the opportunity to do that, so I am going to be publishing a series of blog posts of the next month that will hopefully provide a framework of safeguards that can be of use to a wide audience.  This won't just be for families, but helpful to individuals or even home or small offices.  My rough idea is the following:
  • Finding the right balance: where to draw the line
  • Where are the computers?
  • Educate your "users"
  • Social Networking: Keep the doors open and unlocked
  • Web Filtering
  • Do you need to know where they go? Perhaps.
  • Backup the data
  • Mobile devices
  • Stay engaged!
Let me know if you have any suggestions or questions you want to see addressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment